Thursday, June 25, 2015

Two Hoots and A Holler: Unpacking our Classes!

Hoot #1
Let the year begin!  They are finally finished cleaning our room!  We will begin our reconstruction for the new school year classrooms in the upcoming week! We are so excited and anxious to get started!



Hoot #2
I wanted to share with you my curtains that I created for my classroom.  I spent under $5.00!!
You heard me right, $5.00!  I made them out of plastic tablecloths.  Yes, the cheap $1.00 ones that you can find at Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart.  They were really simple.  All you need is a plastic tablecloth and clear packing tape.  Once I decide how long I need my curtains to be, I cut about 6 inches (vertically on the tablecloth) above that mark.  Then, I folded the top part of the tablecloth to my mark that I previously made and taped it with the clear packing tape.  This created the tunnel that the curtain rod goes through.  I have a large window area.  Each tablecloth created two panels.  I had to buy 2 tablecloths to cover my windows.  Here is the finished product!!


As far as color and design, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! 

This Week's Holler...
This week's holler goes out to Alexandria Jackson from Classroom Action with Ms. JacksonWe first met Ms. Alexandria Jackson at the Spring Teacher Blogger Meet up in French Lick, IN.  We just fell in love with the name of her blog!  Every time we say it, we chuckle because it is so catchy, and we immediately begin singing the song "Sorry, Ms. Jackson" by Outkast.  (We're sorry Ms. Jackson....oooohhhhhh....We are for real!) She also helped host the Teacher Nash Bash this summer, and we got the chance to hang out with this wonderful woman again!  She is very down to Earth and strives to be a life long learner.  She is very passionate about teaching, and this is seen through her blog!  Click on her button below and head on over to see what she has done this past school year and what she is up to this summer!  

  
Photobucket


No comments: