Thursday, March 22, 2018

Two Hoots and A Holler

Hoot #1 
Ever since Jamie has been using her microphone in her class, I have been dying to get one too!  I finally saw them on sale at Wal-Mart for $14.96!  Needless to say I got it, and I could not wait to use it in my class with my students!  The students absolutely LOVE speaking into the mic!  It has been very beneficial in teaching speaking and listening skills.  I have been allowing students to share their stories, thoughts, and ideas on the mic.  This allows me the opportunity to teach my kids how to properly speak to a group and present information; such as speaking loudly, looking at the group, using complete sentences.  The students are becoming better listeners because they have the opportunity to ask questions to the speaker or elaborate on what has been said.  Every student is engaged and paying attention because, let's face it, everyone wants to talk on the mic! This has proven to be one of the best purchases ever! Go out and get one today!  Your students will love you for it!! 


 
Hoot #2
This week, I decided to do something for the teachers. Thanks to the Desoto County Sheriff's Dept., we were able to have our very own women's self defense class. We had the best time!!  We learned so much about knowing our surroundings and how to protect ourselves.  I love our staff and want to make every effort for them to stay safe and return to our students!





 I invited my mom to join us. It looks like Mrs. Rhonda is really giving it to her!!




 
This Week's Holler...
This week's holler goes out to Emily over at Polka Dots Please.  We love her ideas for using word banks in the classroom. She uses them in so many different ways that could be beneficial to all grades. Go check her out! 
Polka Dots Please

No comments: