Thursday, January 21, 2016

Two Hoots and A Holler: In With the Fun, Out with the Snow

Hoot # 1
Well this news just came to us this evening...we will have our FIRST OFFICIAL SNOW DAY TOMORROW!! In the south, when the word "snow" is used by the weather man you either laugh because you think it will never happen, OR you panic and run to the grocery store! Earlier this week "blizzard like conditions" were predicted in our area for tomorrow.  Blizzard and Mississippi do not go together in the same sentence, but it must be true because school is cancelled for tomorrow!  It is hard to believe that we will have snow when just a few weeks ago it was flip flop and shorts weather.  The weather down here in the south can never make up its mind, but we sure are thankful for our 3 day weekend!  



Hoot #2
 Over the past couple of weeks, I have been looking around my classroom at things that I hardly use.  I bought one of the "Find It" games that has the alphabet letters and objects inside.  It was one of those things that when I saw it, I just HAD to have it! (I am sure you can relate to this feeling of just "having to have" something for your class.)  It has been sitting on my shelf all year long, and this "thing" that I just HAD to HAVE hasn't found its purpose in my class.  Then a light bulb went off!  I had an idea on how to incorporate it into my differentiated centers.  Since I have students who still struggle with letters, this would be a wonderful activity for them to learn while having fun!  The recording sheet and instructions are FREE on our TPT store.  Go over and grab it!  My students love this!  I will definitely start next year off with this activity during center time!  The best part about this is....you could totally make your own "Find It" game using beads and a water bottle.  It would be a lot cheaper and super easy to make!  Click on the picture below or click HERE to go grab this freebie! 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/I-Spy-Letters-2340573

This Week's Holler...
This week's holler goes out to Abbie Jinnings at Tales From the First Grade!  She is a first grade teacher from Indiana with tons of cute ideas.  We really love her "Carpet Mark-It" idea! Looks like we will be buying some sharpies and large Velcro in the near future!! Also, if you click under her label "books to read", you will see tons of cute activities that go along with so many books! Be sure to check out her blog!!

1 comment:

  1. Like the last pic :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete