Thursday, February 23, 2017

Two Hoots and A Holler

Hoot #1
February is Dental Health month.  We are having a local dentist office visit us tomorrow!  In preparation of the visit, we have been learning, reading, and writing all about teeth.  The students wrote facts about teeth this week, and they used teeth to make a subtraction problem.  They were really excited to talk and write about the Tooth Fairy!







 
Hoot #2
This week we have had many things that have brought a smile to our faces and made these 2 glitter girls very happy!  Happy teachers make happy classrooms!!  
We want to share some of these with you!  
We have been teaching our kids about adding details to their writing and illustrations!  It has taken a lot of time, but I think they are finally doing it!  In our journals, students are writing multiple sentences on the same topic.  I am so proud of how much they have improved on their writing!  
  
 Check out the detail on my shirt!  This was a picture of us on our field trip playing in the "Mississippi River".  My shirt said "Wild About Teaching" so that is the detail she decided to add!  This is such a hard skill for kinders to apply to their writing, so seeing these types of things in their journals puts a BIG smile on our face!


 This tablet was on clearance at Wal-Mart for $25!!!!  I was in a hurry, so I did not buy a single one!  I plan on going back this weekend to see if they are still there.  Check your local Wal-Mart for this deal!  You do not want to miss out!!! Deals like this put a smile on our face!

 Glitter Spray Paint????  YES!!  PLEASE!!! I saw this at our Local Lowe's Home Improvement store!  I knew I had to find a way to use this when I saw it!  If you have any idea on what to use glitter spray paint, then let me know!  I gotta have it!! 

 One of my students wore this shirt this week....that pretty much sums up my feelings on glitter spray paint, glitter, glitter paper, glitter ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!! 
Things with bling are our favorite things!   

This Week's Holler...
This week's holler goes out to Hadar at Miss Kindergarten! We love her "Little Sight Word Book."  This would be great for those students that are having a hard time tackling those sight words. We also loved reading about her Read/Write and reveal! You should hop over there and see what it is all about!
http://www.miss-kindergarten.com/
 

No comments: