Thursday, January 11, 2018

Two Hoots and A Holler

Hoot #1
We had our Christmas party in kinder before we went on our break.  We had a day filled with hot chocolate, pizza, presents, laughter, and fun!  We loved seeing our students so happy!  Seeing students just as excited about giving as they are about receiving makes our hearts so happy!  They are the reason why we do what we do!  









 
Hoot #2
Now that we are back into the swing of things, we are all reaching our goals for the end of the year!! I do not know about you guys but we are willing to do everything that it takes to get these children excited about reading! 
 One of my Christmas presents was this cool microphone! What can I say, my mom knew exactly what I would love!
Isn't it pretty???


I couldn't wait to get this into the students' hands! It was the first thing that we talked about when we came back. The students were totally excited. I told them that they could read their sight words to me by using the microphone. The students were totally excited. Today we tested our students on sight words. We do this every other Thursday using our ESGI assessment (If you do not have this...YOU WANT THIS!!! It saves us a ton of time). They loved every minute of today as they read their sight words!! There is so much more this can do. I can't wait to figure it all out!

This Week's Holler...
This week we are hollering at Kristen at A Teeny Tiny Teacher!
We are in love with her listen and learn phonics pack! It is just what our students need to meet their year end goals! Thanks Kristen for sharing your great ideas!! Go check her out! 
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

No comments: