Thursday, October 13, 2016

Two Hoots and A Holler: Class Activities

Hoot #1

Last week one of our focus letters was Rr.  To celebrate Rr, we learned all about rainbows and their colors.  Of course we learned the "Rainbow Hair" poem!  The students loved it, and they did so good remembering the order of the colors in a rainbow.  Check out these kids and their rainbow hair!  These are always a class favorite! 



Hoot #2 
Our second hoot is all about measurement! The kiddos had a blast measuring around the room. For those wondering, we use Deanna Jump's math units.  The students love them, and they cover all of the standards and then some! Students need to be able to explore and have conversations between each other. I love the hum of collaboration that happens in my classroom in these moments.






This Week's Holler... 
This week's holler goes out to Keeping up with Mrs. Harris! This blog is awesome!!!! I loved reading her post "5 Reasons to Shut Your Door and Plan!" I can not tell you how this post spoke to me! Jodi and I have had so many conversations about this topic! I loved her post "You Are Enough." Don't we all need to hear that !?! Go check her out! You will not regret it!!

No comments: