Monday, December 1, 2014

Our new student!

Here is a look at our start to this week!  First we had a new student today!  Her name is Sparkly Angel (students voted and picked the name).  We are so excited to have her in our room.  She brought us our Christmas tree.  When students arrived in the classroom, she was hanging from the top of the tree with the book.  We read the story and talked to her all day!  I hope she doesn't tell Santa anything to get us on the naughty list! We cannot wait to see what she will do next!





Some of our students began working on his/her Gingerbread Man glyph!  We LOVE glyphs!!  



We also reviewed addition.  We made this anchor chart together before Thanksgiving break.  My students really get the hang on addition and enjoy it!  I spent  A LOT of time on number sense before introducing addition to my students.  I think that made this transition easier for everyone!




 
December is always such a busy month for us!   We are busy making ornaments and gingerbread houses.  I plan on posting more pictures of all that we do this month.  Can't wait to share it all with you! 


No comments: